Over 4,000 books a month are recorded in the UK alone and producers & publishers are looking for new emerging voices to narrate their projects. This is your chance to bring your favourite books to life and discover the skills, techniques & stamina required to record a full-length novel & live to tell another tale in this FAB Audiobook Masterclass.
If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to record a professional audiobook, then this in-studio workshop is for you. Explore and experience the pleasures and pressures of a solo audiobook recording session under the direction of an award-winning director/producer. Gain practical experience and receive honest professional feedback. The audiobook industry is expanding rapidly, but it’s a competitive market and if you want to be part of it you need to acquire the skills and techniques that will enable you to deliver a first-class audio performance.
- what makes an engaging reading
- how to research and prepare a script prior to a recording session
- how to prepare yourself for a studio session
- script & tablet management in studio
- how to identify and inhabit an authorial voice
- how to sustain a consistent, engaged and energised performance
- how to work confidently 1-1 with a professional director