We will cover the aspects of animation through monologue, dialogue, improvisation, group performance and rigorous workout towards the following goals:
- To learn VO acting applied to characters and animation! When presented animation characters and/or copy anywhere, anytime, you will know what to do with it and how to make it your own. Develop characters via The Kalmenson Method.
- To approach, create, develop, and sustain animation characters based on the characters’ truths, emotions, sounds and actions.
- To begin the process of creating a character inventory for your demo and for future audition reference.
- To get a great workout (monologue, dialogue, and ensemble), developing a comfort zone with characters behind the microphone in a full service broadcast recording studio, complete with performance critique by coaches who are voice over professionals.
- To gain clarity on the animation process: time lines, phases, casting, and how that applies to you today.
- To study current casting trends, address marketing and self-promotion. Gain insight, guidance and inspiration on where to go from here in the world of animation.