This level of study is formatted for non-actors only with an emphasis on the following goals:
- http://www.kalmenson.com/class-schedule.htmlTo learn the Kalmenson Method – a simple, yet powerful focus tool for voice over copy that allows the actor to see themselves in any given script and to find your own “truth” in voice over.
- To learn what to do with a script! When presented with copy anywhere, anytime, you will know what to do with it to make it your own, using the Kalmenson Method to ensure performance excellence, honesty, attitude choice and attitude commitment.
- To get a great workout and develop a comfort zone behind the microphone, in a full service broadcast recording studio, complete with performance critique by coaches who are voice over professionals.
- To expand your base of self-knowledge, identifying your human traits, evaluating which will transfer over and apply to voice over performance.
- To identify and hone strengths and weed out weaknesses.
- To begin the process of discovering your own “voice over signature” – your own trademark. This will be the backbone of your future Voice Over Demo.
- To gain guidance, insight, and inspiration on where to go from here from one of our guest directors.
Microphone performance will include: monologue, “real”, and spokesperson dialogue and natural character copy.
Fasten your seat belt! You will know the truth of voice over.