Becoming Proficient for Submitting a Technically Sound Audition
4 Week commitment |$200 | 12 spots available
MONDAYS 7:00 – 8:00 pm EST
What you’ll learn:
This 1-month class is designed to teach you how to become proficient at recording and editing in AUDACITY. By the end of the month, you’ll understand everything you need to know to submit a technically great sounding audition and WOW your agent or client.
- A brief overview covering microphones and interfaces.
- Terms that typically confuse people and stop them from grasping crucial concepts.
- Connecting your hardware to your software. Understanding the why, not just the how.
- How to set up a technically accurate project and why we set it up this way.
- How to set proper levels for the highest quality possible.
- How to find your noise floor and why it’s so crucial for having a pro sounding audition.
- Proper mic technique that will give you consistency in your audio.
- The ins and outs of editing your audio inside Audacity.
- Basics of Equalization & compression for Voiceover.
- Basic overview of De-noising & De-clicking your audio with stock Audacity plugins as well as Izotope RX elements.
- A deep dive into equalization, how the specific frequencies affect the voice and how to tame harsh sibilance within your EQ.
- Downward expansion.