This workshop with Kevin Collins will teach you the tools and techniques you need to start auditioning for and booking voice acting jobs. Learn from Kevin’s twenty-plus years’ experience as a voice actor for TV, radio, audiobooks and video games, and get to know what tools you’ll need to book your first job in voice acting! You’ll learn…
- Home recording basics, and how to submit professional sounding auditions (what equipment is required and what you can wait on)
- When and how to create a demo that best showcases your talent
- What casting and producers expect of self-submitted auditions for different genres (commercial TV, radio, audio drama, animation, narration), and how to understand the stylistic demands of each genre and script.
- What areas of the VO market you should target as a “beginner”.
- How “teaching yourself” is the best way to improve your skills, and the quickest path to booking your first VO job!
Actors all around the United States want to break into voice acting, but most don’t know what’s required to succeed.
Save yourself months (…years?) of heartbreak and expense with Kevin’s clear, simple, no-nonsense approach to learning and mastering the craft of voice acting.
When you sign up for the class, you’ll submit a 60-90 second MP3 recording before the workshop. Kevin will listen to these before the class so that he’s able to customize the workshop to individual student needs.
- 1.5 hour workshop with Kevin Collins
- Workshop PDF with the techniques, equipment, and tools we’ll cover in the workshop. (So you don’t have to take notes!)
- Personalized review of your 60-90 second MP3 with notes on sound quality, performance, etc
- Live feedback from Kevin Collins inside the workshop on practice readings.
- Q&A and personalized career advice from a seasoned, successful professional