Hosted by: Nic Redman
From: The Voice Coach Podcast
Today, we will condense all the breathing work we’ve been doing into a simple 5 minute routine to use either as a warm-up or as a tiny voice workout. I’ll guide you through every step of this routine to make voicing a little easier.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
– The importance of being aware of our breathing
– Why we must check our alignment before starting any breathing exercises
– A short, 5 minute breathing routine
– The importance of keeping an exploring mindset while doing this routine
This 5 minute routine can be added to our voice prep; it can also reset our voice or cool it down. The more we can prolong these exercises, the better. What we want to achieve is to turn breathwork into daily practice.
– The Ultimate Voice Getaway Retreat with Nic in the UK https://nicolaredman.com/spoken-voice-training-retreat-uk-ultimate-voice-getaway
– To submit a question for the mail bag episode https://nicolaredman.com/contact-accent-voice-coach
– Episode 0011 – Voice Warm Up V Voice Work Out Chat https://pod.fo/e/b48fb
– Accent method breathing https://www.isingmag.com/the-accent-method-how-does-it-help-singers/
-If in Doubt, Breathe Out!: Breathing and support for singing based on the Accent Method, a book by Ron Morris and Linda Hutchison https://amzn.to/3tZujtD
– Linklater Voice https://www.linklatervoice.com
– Fitzmaurice Institute https://www.fitzmauriceinstitute.org